- ALADOT Emergency Call Center (operational during emergencies) 888-588-2848
- BLOUNT COUNTY: Mountain Woods Lake Road is under water as well as sections of Highway 160. Please avoid these areas.
- Check Alabama road conditions here ALDOT ROAD CONDITIONS
The safest place if a tornado threatens is on the lowest floor inside your home. Stay away from windows and put as many walls between you and the outside. Mobile homes and cars are not safe. Listen to the Radio and monitor weather conditions and give yourself plenty of time to get to your safe place.
Remember, for non-emergency services, help and information or if you do not see a shelter near you dial 211 call for help.
BLOUNT COUNTY SHELTERS: No reports.
CHEROKEE COUNTY SHELTERS: No reports.
DEKALB COUNTY SHELTERS: No reports.
ETOWAH COUNTY SHELTERS: Etowah County Storm Shelters (1/6/17)
Salvation Army, 114 N. 11th St., Gadsden, 256-546-4673 (24 hours a day for those seeking shelter from the cold)
Elliott Community Center, 2829 W. Meighan Blvd., Gadsden, 256-549-4674 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday)
Carver Gymnasium, 1020 Tuscaloosa Ave., Gadsden, 256-549-4667 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday)
Gadsden Public Library:
– Main Branch, 254 College Street, Gadsden, 256-549-4699 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday)
– East Gadsden Branch, 809 E. Broad St., Gadsden, 256-549-4691 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday)
– Alabama City Branch, 2700 W. Meighan Blvd, Gadsden, 256-549-4688 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday)
Carnes Recreation Center, 102 Case Ave. SE, Attalla, 256-538-3712 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday)
George Wallace Senior Center, 407 Hollingsworth Park Lane, Glencoe, 256-492-4911
Sardis City Community Center, Parkway Drive, Sardis 256-572-7707 (Noon to 7 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday)
For more information on the above, Dial 211 First Call for Help.
MARSHALL COUNTY WARMING CENTERS: