CONTEST: Brooke’s Kitchen
PRIZE: Gift Certificate to Foodland of Boaz and Albertville
START DATE: April 11th, 2018
END DATE: June 27th, 2018
HOW TO PLAY: Power 107.5 listeners will listen to Dave & Brooke, Wednesday mornings. Brooke will give out ingredients to a mystery recipe throughout the show. Caller #5 will guess what the dish is when told to call. First person to guess wins the certificate!
INELIGIBLE: Employees and immediate family members of Sand Mountain Broadcasting and contest sponsors are not eligible to win.
Brooke’s Kitchen ~ Grilled Chicken or Steak Kabobs Marinade for Summer Grilling
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- Little bit of salt & pepper to taste
- 2 large red/green bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Squash & zucchini cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 ½ cups whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb beef sirloin or 1 ½ boneless chicken breast halves (cut into 1 inch pieces) Or your favorite meat…tuna fillet steak or salmon can be used as well.
- Skewers (if they’re wooden then they need to be soaked overnight)…you don’t have to soak them if they’re metal.
- Put all your ingredients in a large zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Discard your marinade and thread the meat and vegetables onto skewers, leaving a small space between each piece of food.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 minutes, turning as needed, or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- I like to use foil when I grill…makes cleanup easier and keeps your food warm.
The great thing about kabobs is you can substitute with any marinade, meats and veggies you like. Others marinades I have tried are: 1) whisk together extra virgin olive oil, Worcestershire, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, garlic & brown sugar or 2) lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire. My aunt likes to marinade her veggies in her favorite Italian dressing and this is delish too! Some great side dishes I like with this is: your favorite rice and your favorite salad! Happy Grilling!