Nikki Sixx Weds!March 16, 2014
We Already Knew....March 16, 2014
Morning Mix Rewind 1/23/2014January 23, 2014
- Congratulations to our birthday winner, April Taylor, whose age wasn’t given in the email we got. Under the rules of Morning Mix Local Celebrity Birthdays, she’s 86!
- Today’s Brain Buster………..
Ladies, if you want to have a full head of shiny hair, John Tesh told you on yesterday’s “Intelligence For Your Workday” that THESE should be a staple of your diet. What are they?
Congratulations to Tim Holcomb of Rainbow City for getting it right!
- We told the story of the mom and dad who just wanted a “sleep in” day and the note they left for their kids to handle things themselves for a couple of hours. Find that story HERE.
We asked you to fill in the blanks……I would bribe my kids with __________ if they would allow me the luxury of __________ JUST ONCE
How did the Morning Mix family respond? FIND OUT HERE!
- It was perfect timing on Throwback Thursday, with the news that the casts of “Full House” and “Seinfeld” are reuniting for separate Super Bowl commercials AND Bill Cosby announcing his return to TV in a new sitcom!
We asked you which bands, TV show casts, or movie stars you’d like to see reunite to do something new? Who were your choices? CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT!
Morning Mix Rewind 1/15/2014January 16, 2014
- Congratulations to today’s birthday winner………..Gina Louise Diggs who turns 54 today!
- Today’s Brain Buster……….
Researchers say that THIS is the best drink to rehydrate after a workout. It’s not water, and it’s definitely not an energy drink. What is it?
ANSWER: Watermelon juice! It’s high in amino acids and regulates your heart rate.
Congratulations to Kaitlin Logan of Gadsden for getting it right!
- We sent the Morning Mix straight into the toilet this morning with some results of a new survey about bathroom habits among newlyweds……and which ones annoy the guys and the girls about their new spouse……..
· 37% who never replace the toilet paper roll
- Today’s Yummy……or EWWWWWW…….
Appetizer: Supreme Pizza Poutine Fries
Entree: Turducken Burger
Morning Mix RewindJanuary 14, 2014
- Congratulations to today’s birthday winner……Jerry Jenkins of Gadsden!
- Miranda Dupree of Rainbow City answered today’s Brain Buster:
68% of hiring managers say they will reject a candidate IMMEDIATELY if they do this during the interview. What is it?
Answer: Answering their cell phone
- Don’t you wish you had been invited to THIS party? And don’t you wish Gadsden had a subway system?
- You may remember that LL Cool J’s rap name is short for “Ladies Love Cool James”, but he went through several “rough drafts” before arriving at that one……
- We asked you……Do you have a unique nickname? If so, how did you get it? Take a listen to one of the best we got!
Tomorrow morning……the Morning Mix goes straight into the toilet! Which bathroom habits of your spouse/significant other annoy you? Call us @ (256) 413-1029 or tell us on Facebook!
Enjoy your day, and thanks for being a member of the Morning Mix Family!
Shane & Suzanne
New Year's Snack AttackDecember 27, 2013
With the holiday’s comes really good food. For those that want to live the healthy lifestyle the holiday’s can prove to be a challenging one. However, I like to live by a plate I had seen in a well known Southern restaurant that simply states,”Holiday calories do not count.” So, here are the top 5 worst items we can consume while bringing in the New Year.
- Deep-fried salad
- Butter shooters
- Bacon grease soup
- Egg yoke shakes
Cliff: Digital Director WQSB/ Power 107.5/ Mix 102.9
Capturing RealityDecember 17, 2013
We’re all guilty of investing too much time on our tablets and smart phones. And sometimes there are wonderful moments we miss out on because we become too fixated on capturing the perfect moment. Instead of striving for the “perfect shot” we should be investing more time being apart of reality.
People want to convey the “perfect” life in the virtual world, but maybe we should take a step back and learn how to disconnect.
Golden Globe NominationsDecember 13, 2013
Here’s the complete list of nominees: (Eonline)
Best Motion Picture, Drama
12 Years a Slave
Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
Inside Llewyn Davis
The Wolf of Wall Street
Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
Chiwetel Ejiofor, 12 Years a Slave
Idris Elba, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
Tom Hanks, Captain Phillips
Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
Robert Redford, All Is Lost
Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
Christian Bale, American Hustle
Bruce Dern, Nebraska
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Wolf of Wall Street
Oscar Isaac, Inside Llewyn Davis
Joaquin Phoenix, Her
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama
Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
Sandra Bullock, Gravity
Judi Dench, Philomena
Emma Thompson, Saving Mr. Banks
Kate Winslet, Labor Day
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
Amy Adams, American Hustle
Julia Delpy, Before Midnight
Greta Gerwig, Frances Ha
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Enough Said
Meryl Streep, August: Osage County
Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
Barkhad Abdi, Captain Phillips
Daniel Brühl, Rush
Bradley Cooper, American Hustle
Michael Fassbender, 12 Years a Slave
Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
Sally Hawkins, Blue Jasmine
Jennifer Lawrence, American Hustle
Lupita Nyong’o, 12 Years a Slave
Julia Roberts, August: Osage County
June Squibb, Nebraska
Alfonso Cuarón, Gravity
Paul Greengrass, Captain Phillips
Steve McQueen, 12 Years a Slave
Alexander Payne, Nebraska
David O. Russell, American Hustle
Best Screenplay, Motion Picture
Bob Nelson, Nebraska
Spike Jonze ,Her
Steve Coogan and Jeff Pope, Philomena
John Ridley, 12 Years A Slave
David O. Russell and Eric Warren Singer, American Hustle
Best Foreign-Language Film
Blue Is the Warmest Colour (France)
The Great Beauty (Italy)
The Hunt (Denmark)
The Past (Iran)
The Wind Rises (Japan)
Best Animated Feature Film
Despicable Me 2
Best Original Song, Motion Picture
“Atlas,” The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
“Let It Go,” Frozen
“Ordinary Love,” Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
“Please, Mr. Kennedy,” Inside Llewyn Davis
“Sweeter Than Fiction,” One Chance
Best Original Score, Motion Picture
Alex Ebert, All Is Love
Alex Eves, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
Steven Price, Gravity
John Williams, The Book Thief
Hans Zimmer, 12 Years a Slave
Best TV Movie or Miniseries
American Horror Story: Coven
Behind the Candelabra
Dancing on the Edge
Top of the Lake
The White Queen
Best TV Series, Drama
The Good Wife
House of Cards
Masters of Sex
Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical
The Big Bang Theory
Parks and Recreation
Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan
Michael Sheen, Masters of Sex
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards
James Spader, The Blacklist
Best Actor, TV Series Comedy
Jason Bateman, Arrested Development
Don Cheadle, House of Lies
Michael J. Fox, The Michael J. Fox Show
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
Andy Samberg, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife
Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black
Taylor Schilling, Orange Is the New Black
Kerry Washington, Scandal
Robin Wright, House of Cards
Best Actress in a TV Series, Comedy
Zooey Deschanel, New Girl
Lena Dunham, Girls
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation
Best Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie
Matt Damon, Behind the Candelabra
Michael Douglas, Behind the Candelabra
Chiwetel Ejiofor, Dancing on the Edge
Idris Elba, Luther
Al Pacino, Phil Spector
Best Actress in a Miniseries or TV Movie
Helena Bonham Cater, Burton & Taylor
Rebecca Ferguson, The White Queen
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Coven
Helen Mirren, Phil Spector
Elisabeth Moss, Top of the Lake
Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Mini-Series or TV Movie
Josh Charles, The Good Wife
Rob Lowe, Behind the Candelabra
Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad
Corey Stoll, House of Cards
Jon Voight, Ray Donovan
Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie
Jacqueline Bisset, Dancing on the Edge
Janet McTeer, The White Queen
Hayden Panettiere, Nashville
Monica Potter, Parenthood
Sofía Vergara, Modern Family
Cecile B. DeMille Award
American Idol HeavenDecember 10, 2013
Mariah Carey had an interview not too long ago where she had described going to work at American Idol as “going to work with Satan.” Things weren’t so great during her short stint with the program. Problems on set between her and ex-judge Nicki Minaj caused a lot of tension with cast and crew, but now they’ve recruited two new celebrity judges. So, instead of steering towards another hate filled drama, the new judges bring much needed happiness and relief to the program.
Two new judges, Harry Connic Jr. and Jennifer Lopez, join the program with returning judge, Keith Urban. Harry Connick Jr. is more than aware of Ms. Carey’s past with the program and he had reportedly tweeted ”@MariahCarey – Must’ve been hard to judge in hell,” he wrote. “Idol XIII: Welcome to heaven! @JLo @KeithUrban @RyanSeacrest @AmericanIdol #idolXIII.”
Does American Idol stand a chance of winning a place in America’s homes? And do the new judges bring much needed relief to the program or great angst and anticipation?
Holiday BudgetDecember 05, 2013
The holidays can be tough. And with the economy not showing much improvement there are a lot of families that will be struggling to make Christmas happen for their families this year. Fortunately, Jan Brakefield, an assistant professor of Consumer Sciences at The University of Alabama has provided 10 different tips for saving money this holiday season.
- Make a spending plan and stick to it.
- Shop early. This eliminates last minute panic buying.
- Be prepared each time you leave home to shop. Carry a list of who you are buying for and how much you can spend. Be specific. Get agreements from family members.
- Pay cash. Credit card users typically spend twice as much money as others.
- Use the “envelope method.” Prepare one envelope per person, placing money in each envelope. When the envelope is empty, you are finished buying for that person.
- Shop when you have lots of energy.
- Shop with a buddy, or not. A buddy may encourage you to splurge, so choose your buddy carefully.
- Ask sales staff about upcoming discounts. They will usually tell you, but won’t offer the information unless you ask.
- Don’t buy anything for yourself.
- Write the size of your total consumer debt at the top of your shopping list. Reality check!