Mix Million Dollar Mornings
Mix Million Dollar Mornings / How To Play:
1. Listen to Mix-102.9 any weekday morning at 8:50AM, excluding Thanksgiving Day, thru November 30, 2016. Additional bonus plays may be added to the schedule at our discretion.
2. When ask on-air, be the correct caller thru to the station at (256) 413-1029 to play.
3. Each player will guess a 5 digit code which we will enter into the game to see if it wins one million dollars.
4. Players who do not win a million dollars will receive a consolation prize.
5. This contest will end on November 30, 2016 or when a player correctly guesses the winning combination, whichever comes first.
Mix Million Dollar Mornings / Official Rules Part 1:
1. A person cannot play this contest more than one time.
2. If you win the million dollars you agree to meet any and all requirements imposed by the various insuring firms involved up to and including taking a lie detector test.
3. By participating in the contest you understand and agree that should play be interrupted by acts of God, hackers, civil unrest, illegal activity, failure of telecommunications systems to include disconnected callers, utilities and other associated equipment you will not be eligible to receive a prize or compensation of any nature and you agree to hold harmless all entities involved.
4. Employees of Broadcast Media LLC, Sand Mountain Broadcasting Service Incorporated, Courington Incorporated, their parents, grandparents, siblings or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate.
5. If a minor wins the one million dollar cash prize their parent or legal guardian must approve.
6. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes. We and you are required to report large cash winners to the IRS and follow any and all rules they impose.
7. These rules may be amended as necessary at any time. By participating you agree to abide by any and all rules in place for this contest and this contest may be ended at any time at the discretion of the station and various insuring entities.
Mix Million Dollar Mornings / Official Rules Part 2:
- For the purpose of this contest, a maximum of 50 contestant(s) will be given the opportunity to match exactly a predetermined five (5) digit number combination which has been pre-programmed into the “Crack the Vault” website provided by IP Group. The $1,000,000.00 grand prize will be awarded to a contestant who matches exactly the predetermined winning combination which is on file at IP Group (see item 5. There may be no more than 50 total guess(es), which are eligible for this contest under any circumstance. There shall be a maximum of one (1) winner covered by this contract.
- Current or former employees, family members, agents, successors, or assignees of the client or any promotional agency involved with this promotion shall be INELIGIBLE to participate.
- Contestant(s) for this event will be selected either from those that call in to the station or as pre-approved by IP Group. No contestant may submit more than one (1) entry. There will be a maximum of 50 guess(es) acknowledged for this contest.
- The schedule of prize awards is as follows: maximum aggregate liability: $1,000,000.00 (maximum 1 winner(s)); this contract covers a maximum total of 50 guess(es) throughout the following contest date(s): 9/26/2016 – 12/2/2016.
- Under no circumstances will any party other than IP Group have knowledge of the official winning number combination. The preselected winning number will be placed in a sealed master envelope and provided to the client contest supervisor at least two (2) days prior to the beginning of the event. The “Crack the Vault” website provided by IP Group will be calibrated to the predetermined grand prize winning number combination contained in the sealed master envelope. Releasing the winning combination in any manner prior to the conclusion of this contest will result in a claim denial. Nothing may be done to enhance a contestant’s normal chances of winning this contest.
Cothran's Sugar Rush Contest
Mix 102.9/Cothran’s Thursday Morning Office Sugar Rush
CONTEST: Mix 102.9/Cothran’s Thursday Morning Office Sugar Rush
PRIZE: Three (3) dozen donuts from Cothran’s Bakery
START DATE: 9/1/2016
END DATE: TFN
HOW TO PLAY: TELL US WHERE YOU WORK, HOW MANY FOLKS WORK IN YOUR OFFICE, AND THEN TELL US HOW HARD YOU’VE WORKED ALL WEEK AND WHY YOUR OFFICE DESERVES THREE DOZEN COTHRAN’S DONUTS TO BE DELIVERED THURSDAY MORNING AT 9:30 BY SHANE AND SUZANNE FROM THE MORNING MIX! SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY TO email@example.com
ELIGIBILITY: EMPLOYEES AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS OF COTHRAN’S BAKERY, MIX 102.9, WQSB, and WAVU ARE INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. PRIZES WILL BE DELIVERED TO THE WINNER’S OFFICE/WORKPLACE.
First Responder of the Week
CONTEST: WQSB, POWER 1075FM & MIXX 102.9 1ST RESPONDERS OF THE WEEK
PRIZE: $100 CHECK
START DATE: 5-2-2016
END DATE: 12-31-2016
HOW TO PLAY: Go to WQSB.com and click on the First Responder Link. You can nominate a First Responder Unit or Department to win a check for $100. Each week a First Responder Unit will be chosen and the Unit or Department will receive the check for $100
INELIGIBLE: Employees and immediate family members of WQSB, and Sand Mt. Broadcasting are not eligible to win
Send your nominations here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Week #1: Boaz Fire Department
Week #2: The City of Gadsden Police Department
Week #3: Fischer Rescue Squad in Fort Payne
Week #4: Sand Rock Volunteer Fire Department
Week #5: Marshall-DeKalb Electric Cooperative’s Lineman
Week#6: DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office
Week #7: Cherokee EMS in Centre
Week #8: Beaulah Volunteer Fire Department
Week #9: Rainbow City Police Department
Week #10: Aroney Volunteer Fire Department
Week #11: Blount County Sheriff’s Department
Week #12: Albertville Police Department
Week #13: Glencoe Fire Department
Week #14: Fort Payne Police Department
Week #15: Webster’s Volunteer Fire Department
Week #16: Douglas Police Department
Week #17: A-Med Ambulance Service of Altoona
Week #18: The Crossville Volunteer Fire Department
Week #19: McCord’s Crossroads Volunteer Dept.
Week #20: Marshall County Drug Task Force
Week #21: Etowah County E911
Week #22: Collinsville Police Dept.
"Group Fitness Giveaway" - Facebook
CONTEST: GOLD’S GYM “GROUP FITNESS GIVEAWAY” FACEBOOK CONTEST
PRIZE: 1 MONTH MEMBERSHIPS FOR TEN (10) GROUPS AT GOLD’S GYM IN RAINBOW CITY
START DATE: 1/1/2010
END DATE: TFN
HOW TO PLAY: FACEBOOK USERS MUST “LIKE” AND “SHARE” THE POST WITH THE GOLD’S GYM LOGO AND COMMENT WITH THE NAME OF THEIR TEAM. THE TEN MOST CREATIVE NAMES AS CHOSEN BY A PANEL OF MIX 102.9 EMPLOYEES WILL BE DECLARED WINNERS.
ELIGIBILITY: EMPLOYEES AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS OF GOLD’S GYM, MIX 102.9, WQSB, and WAVU ARE INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. PRIZES MUST BE REDEEMED AT GOLD’S GYM BY MARCH 31ST.
Morning Mix "Birthday Club"
CONTEST: MORNING MIX “BIRTHDAY CLUB”
PRIZE: A CERTIFICATE FOR ONE (1) FREE PIZZA BUFFET AT STEVI B’S AND A MIX 102.9 T-SHIRT
START DATE: 1/1/2010
END DATE: TFN
HOW TO PLAY: LISTENERS CALL US THROUGHOUT THE MORNING TO SUBMIT NAMES OF SOMEONE HAVING A BIRTHDAY. WE CHOOSE ONE AT RANDOM AT WINNER AT 7:20 TO WIN THE AFOREMENTIONED PRIZES.
ELIGIBILITY: EMPLOYEES AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS OF STEVI B’S, MIX 102.9, WQSB, and WAVU ARE INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. PRIZE MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 14 DAYS.
Halloween Photo Contest 2016
Send us your kids picture for our annual WQSB/MIX 102.9 Halloween Photo Contest, and you could win a special party at Kidz Time in Boaz and much, much more! Enter today, deadline for entries is Monday, Oct. 26th. Voting will be Tuesday, Oct. 27 – Thursday, Oct 29th. Our winner will be announced and contacted on Tuesday, November 1st.
Sponsors include: Kidz Time & Party Time in Boaz, Lambert’s Bibles & Gifts in Boaz, Dr. Chad Williams, DeKalb M.D. & Sears Hometown Stores in Albertville & Arab
CONTEST: WQSB/MIX 102.9 Halloween Photo Contest
PRIZE: Halloween Prize Pack from Various Sponsors
START DATE: Monday, Sept. 26th, 2016 (for entries) Tuesday, Oct 28th, 2016 (for votes)
END DATE: Thursday, Oct. 27th, 2016 (for entries) Monday, Oct. 31st, 2016 (for votes)
HOW TO PLAY: Go to WQSB.com/WKXX.com and click on WQSB Contests / WKXX Contests and go to The Halloween Photo Contest link. Upload a picture of a child in a Halloween Costume between September 26, 2016 and October 28, 2015. Beginning October 27th thru October 31st you can vote for your favorite Halloween Costume. The Costume that receives the most votes will be announced the winner on Nov.1st, 2016 and will win the Halloween prize pack consisting of prizes from various Sponsors.
INELIGIBLE: Employees and immediate family members of WQSB, MIX 102.9, Kidz Time & Party Time and Upickem are not eligible to play. *1 winner per family per 14 day period*
Win Boaz 9 Cinema Tickets
Need something to do this weekend? How about winning 2 free passes to the Boaz 9 Cinema!
CONTEST: MORNING MIX FRIDAY MORNING BOAZ 9 CINEMA TICKET GIVEAWAY
PRIZE: TWO (2) TICKETS TO A MOVIE OF THE LISTENER’S CHOICE @ BOAZ 9 CINEMA
START DATE: 1/1/2010
END DATE: TFN
HOW TO PLAY: AT APPROXIMATELY 6:55 am EVERY FRIDAY MORNING, THE MORNING MIX WILL TAKE CALLER NUMBER NINE (9) AT (256) 413-1029. THAT CALLER WILL RECEIVE TWO (2) TICKETS TO A MOVIE OF HIS OR HER CHOICE AT BOAZ 9 CINEMA.
ELIGIBILITY: EMPLOYEES AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS OF FRANKS ENTERTAINMENT, BOAZ 9 CINEMA, MIX 102.9, WQSB, and POWER 107.5 ARE INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. PRIZE MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 14 DAYS.
Morning Mix "Brain Buster" Trivia
Play the Morning Mix “Brain Buster” Trivia with Shane & Suzanne and win a fried pickle appetizer from Jefferson’s.
Contest Line: 256-413-1029
CONTEST: MORNING MIX “BRAIN BUSTER”
PRIZE: A CERTIFICATE FOR A FRIED PICKLE APPETIZER AT JEFFERSON’S
START DATE: 1/1/2010
END DATE: TFN
HOW TO PLAY: AT APPROXIMATELY 7:25 am EACH WEEKDAY MORNING, THE MORNING MIX WILL ASK A “BRAIN BUSTER” TRIVIA QUESTION. THE FIRST CALLER THROUGH WITH THE CORRECT ANSWER WINS. IF NO ONE GIVES THE CORRECT ANSWER, NO ONE WINS THAT DAY’S PRIZE.
ELIGIBILITY: EMPLOYEES AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS OF JEFFERSON’S, MIX 102.9, WQSB, and POWER 107.5 ARE INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. PRIZE MUST BE PICKED UP WITHIN 14 DAYS.
Teacher of the Week
Do you know of a teacher that has gone over and beyond for their students? If so, send their name, photo (if available), school/class they teach and what they have done to email@example.com. One teacher each week will be chosen at random to win $100 for their classroom. Don’t wait, nominate your teacher TODAY! 🙂
*Modern Woodmen specializes in creative financial strategies for retirement, businesses, college savings, and more. For career opportunities in your area, Contact Modern Woodman of America, managing partner Morgan N. Lavender today on Facebook, online at modern-woodmen.com or by phone at 256-492-3374**
Securities offered through MWA Financial Services, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Modern Woodmen of America 1701 1st Ave., Rock Island, IL 61201 309-558-3100 Member: FINRA, SIPC.
- Nominate you favorite teacher to be recognized as our Teacher Of The Week by submitting their name, school and grade thru the link provided on any of our station’s web pages.
- Any teacher, instructor or principal currently employed in a public, private or religious school is eligible to be nominated for this contest.
- Each week a person will be chosen to acknowledge as our “Teacher Of The Week”.
- Each “Teacher of The Week” selected will receive a check in the amount of $100 to off-set classroom expenses.
- Entries not yet selected as “Teacher of The Week” will remain in consideration for the duration of this contest.
- This is a multi-station contest with one weekly winner airing on WQSB, Power-107.5 and Mix-102.9.
Week #1: Bridgett Ott of Crossville High School – $100
Week #2: Colonel Wayne Davenport – Gadsden City High School – $100
Week #3: Colleen McGinnis – Cedar Bluff School -$100
Week #4: Missy Lindley – Albertville Middle School – $100
Week #5: Tracy Coots – Plainview Elementary School – $100
Week #6: Sharra Callahan, Carlisle Elementary School – $100
High School Pigskin Prophet 2016
Win an easy $100! Play High School Pigskin Prophet sponsored by the Driving Factor in Gunterville.
CONTEST: WQSB PIGSKIN PROPHET CONTEST
START DATE: 8-11-2016
END DATE: 10-27-201566
HOW TO PLAY: Go to wqsb.com, wkxx.com or power1075fm.com and click on “Contests” and go to The Pigskin Prophet Contest. Pick the winners in the 10 selected High School Football Games for the selected week. The person with the most correct picks wins $100
INELIGIBLE: Employees and immediate family members of WQSB, Driving Factor in Gunterswville and Upickem.net are not eligible to play
Week #1 Winner: Jason Self of Gadsden – $100
Week #2 Winner: Mike Lee of Decatur – $100
Week #3 Winner: Jackie DuPree of Gadsden – $100
Week #4 Winner: Danny Smith of Crossville – $100
Week #5 Winner: Mike Dixon of Albertville – $100
Week #6 Winner: Erik Green of Fort Payne – $100
Week #7 Winner: Phillip Hollingsworth of Boaz – $100
Week #8 Winner: Jarrod Oliver of Holly Pond – $100
College Pick 10 To Win $100 2016
Win an easy $100 by picking the winners in our “College Pick 10 To Win 2016″ contest sponsored by Howard Bentley Buick GMC in Albertville.
CONTEST: WQSB COLLEGE PICK 10 TO WIN CONTEST
START DATE: 8-3-2016
END DATE: 12-3-2016
HOW TO PLAY: Go to scoreboard.wqsb.com and click on Sports Contests and go to the “Pick 10 to Win Contest”. Pick the winners in the 10 selected College Football Games for the selected week. The person with the most correct picks wins $100
INELIGIBLE: Employees and immediate family members of WQSB, MIX 102.9, POwer 107.5 fm, Howard Bentley Buick GMC in Albertvillre and Upickem.net are not eligible to play
Week #1 Winner: Kelley Lee of Albertville – $100
Week #2 Winner: Naven Smith of Attalla – $100
Week #3 Winner: Chris Vernon of Piedmont – $100
Week #4 Winner: Jackie Dupree of Gadsden – $100
Week #5 Winner: Jeremy Rowan of Boaz – $100
Week #6 Winner: Andy Austin of Hokes Bluff – $100
Week #7 Winner: Missie Weatherbee of Piedmont – $100